In honor of our 25th anniversary in 2021 we reckoned with our role in contributing to climate change and put our efforts and energy behind crafting a sustainability plan where we outlined our path towards carbon neutrality and ultimately becoming climate positive.
We annually calculate our carbon footprint—or GHG emissions inventory—to measure progress towards our goal of being climate positive by 2026.
- minimizing product packaging (eliminating most plastic jewel cases on Secretly Group releases in 2009)
- operating strict pressing rules to avoid overstocks of CDs and vinyl
- recycling unsold formats / packaging
- installing a solar array at our main office
- investing in energy efficiency throughout our buildings
- assessing opportunities to replace natural gas equipment with electric options
- measuring and reducing our scope 3 emissions
- switching to 100% renewable energy
- being a founder investor and user in IMPALA’s bespoke Carbon Calculator for the music industry